Education & Career History
Born in Srinagar (Kashmir) and brought up in Mumbai and Delhi, Mr. K.L. Ganju conducted his primary education in Convent School. After passing High School, he started business. Aged 74 years, he emerged as a self made Entrepreneur with vast experience in various facets of life. Currently settled in New Delhi (India), he is an active Social Worker. During his life, he has been instrumental in arranging large funds for good causes at the time of Natural Calamities etc. In this endeavour, he also initiated, along with Maj. H.P.S. Ahluwalia (the Everest Hero) a project for setting up of a Specialist Spinal Injuries Hospital namely ‘Spinal Injury Centre’ in New Delhi (India). Before becoming Hony. Consul General, Mr. Ganju was a successful Businessman. He has devoted himself to the service of the people of Union of the Comoros.
Mr. K.L. Ganju is married to Dr. (Mrs.) G.K. Ganju, a gynaecologist, practicing in Delhi (India). They have two daughters:
- Ms. Amrita, who, after doing graduation in B.Com (Hons.) from Shri Ram College of Commerce, Delhi University, did her MBA.She is married to Mr. Deepesh Khanchandani, who is a graduate in B.Com from Delhi University and MBA. He owns an established construction company doing business in Delhi (India) and Noida (India).
- Ms. Ambika, who, after graduating in English (Hons.) from Hans Raj College, Delhi University did a course in CAD designing from National Institute of Fashion Technologies. She also did courses in Interior decoration, German language and Vastu Shastra. She is married to Mr. Pankaj Gupta who is an established businessman and is doing Real Estate and Construction Business in Delhi and Gurgaon (India).
- Mrs. & Mr. Deepesh Khanchandani and Mrs. & Mr. Pankaj Gupta are having a son and a daughter each.
Mr. Ganju has been associated with publishing a book titled “Present Day Gita a way of life”. Mr. Ganju has been associated with film production and has also acted in a film in the role of Raj Guru in the movie “Ek Aur Amar Prem”.
Civic, Political & Philanthropic Activities
Mr. Ganju is associated with various Philanthropic Activities in Delhi (India). He is renowned Social Worker in his area and does lot of social work. He provides scholarships to the children for education, provides help at the time of the marriage of the girl from the poor family and also provides medical help to the people in Delhi and also patients coming from Comoros.Mr. Ganju recently published another book namely “A Golden Decade 2005-2015 : My Life as an Hony. Consul General. He has narrated this book and is written in an autobiographical style by Amb. Dr. P.V. Joshi, I.F.S. (Retd.).
Mr. K.L. Ganju has been decorated and awarded with the following medals:
National Honour “Ordre Du Croissant Vert Des Comores” – Grade Official was conferred by the Hon”ble President of Union of the Comoros at a special ceremony held at President’s House in November, 2010 in recognition of his services to the Nation.
- National Honour – Raised to grade of “COMMANDER” – “Ordre Du Croissant Vert Des Comores” by the Hon’ble President of Comoros on 25th May, 2016 at a special function held at President House.
- Mr. K.L. Ganju was conferred Gusi Peace Prize in 2016 in Philippines. The citation was signed by the President of Philippines. He is the 7th Indian to get this peace prize.
- Awarded “GOLD MEDAL” and “NATIONAL GOLD STAR AWARD” by the Indian Solidarity Council on 3rd October, 2013 in association with International Institute of Education and Management.
- Awarded Pride of India International Award by Indian Solidarity Council on 25th July, 2016.
- The Pride of India Leadership Award presented by Rt. Hon”ble Baroness (Dr.) Sandeep Verma, FRSA Baroness-in-waiting, Minister for International Development, Equalities and Women and also the Whip in the Cabinet Office at House of Lords, London, in Kent (UK) in 2010.
- Gold Medal and Award of Honour presented by Amity International University, Noida (India) on 12th International Business Horizon Inbush 2010, for fostering International Diplomatic Relations.
- Honoured with Award of Appreciation by the Hon’ble Mr. Arnold Foote, President of the World Federation of Consuls, for the excellent work done during the First FICAC South Asia Consular Conference organised by the HCCD “India held at hotel ITC Maurya, New Delhi (India).
- Honoured with Award of Appreciation for the contribution and support towards the FICAC Global Movement at Philippines in 2010.
- Award of Honour presented by Academia Diplomatica do Brazil with a title “ACADEMICO” on 09th October, 2008 in Brazil.
- Award of Honour for Distinguished Services to Humanity presented by World Brotherhood Organisation (WBO) in 2005 and 2010.
- Award of Honour presented by Education Minister of Delhi(India), Shri Raj Kumar Chauhan in 2006.
- Award of Honour presented by Delhi State Weightlifting Association on 18th & 19th November, 2006 & 2010 at Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium.
- Award of Honour presented by Youth Womens Christian Association (YWCA) of Delhi (India).
- FICAC Medal of Honour presented by The World Federation of Consuls for his excellent contribution to the Consular Movement on 14th November, 2007 at Bangkok, Thailand.
- Award & Gold Medal of Honour presented by Amity International Business School, Noida on 12th International Business Horizon Inbush 2010, for fostering International Diplomatic Relations.
- Award of Honour presented by Academia Diplomatica do Brazil for Academic on 9th October, 2008 in Brazil.
- Hony. Consul General of the Union of the Comoros in India since 2005.
- President of the Hony. Consular Corps Diplomatique – India.
- Elected Director of the World Federation of Consuls (FICAC) in 2006, 2009, 2012 and 2015.
- Chairman of the Consular Privileges Protection Committee of the World Federation of Consuls (FICAC) in 2009, 2012 and 2015.
- Chairman of World Federation of Consuls (FICAC) 30th Anniversary Celebration Committee.
- Secretary General of the Hony. Consular Corps Diplomatique – India.
- Chairman, Organising Committee, FICAC South Asia Consular Conference held in New Delhi (India).
- Secretary, Militancy Victims Welfare Society, (Regd.), New Delhi
- Vice-President, Delhi Pradesh Punjabi Brotherhood and Welfare Trust, New Delhi(India)Patron, Rajinder Nagar Brahmin Sabha, New Delhi (India)
- Patron, Rajinder Nagar Brahmin Sabha, New Delhi (India)
- Ex-Member, Advisory Panel, Censor Board of Film Certification, Ministry of Information & Broadcasting, Government of India, New Delhi (India).
- Ex-President, Bhagat Singh Market Vyapar Mandal, New Delhi (India)
- Ex-Member, Delhi State Beggar Welfare House, Government of NCT of Delhi (India)
- Ex-Member, Delhi State Social Welfare Advisory Committee, Government of NCT of Delhi (India).